Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Combat!!
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I was hoping that you guys would learn from Star Wars that this kind of combat sucks. I was hoping that you would make this a "first person'" shooter. Please make an update that leaves the space combat like it is but gives the player all the control of a fps!!!!! The ground combat stinks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
The ground combat is awkward yes, but it can be managed. I actually find it quite fun.

But if you want an FPS, go play one on console or play a free-to-play MMO FPS. This is Star Trek, not Call of Duty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
yes its ok but wouldn't you like it better if you could fight like COD? Are you a first person shooter game fan?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I guess I'm the only one that actually kinda likes it. Sure it could be way better..with more to it..more strategy..but I find it fun..I love taking my nerd herd on an away mission and blasting our enemy..

like I said though..yah it needs some work..but...I have fun with it..guess I'm alone in that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:08 PM
The secret is: Split Beam Rifle for you and your team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
The ground combat is terrible, if you have a science officer with medical tricorder you are effectively invincible, especially if your officers gain even more heals. Also the weapons are pathetically weak unless u get the proc to 1 shot some1. Essentially all you do is select one target hit 1, 2 until it dies and repeat. On another note does any1 else think its dumb that you disable a ship and then beam into the ship and have to fight the entire crew? What is the point of that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I think I must be one of the few who enjoys ground missions. There are bugs, yes, but they can be managed. So far the most annoying thing about them for me is the AI of my away team. They often get stuck, and sometimes even vanish alltoegther.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabose View Post
On another note does any1 else think its dumb that you disable a ship and then beam into the ship and have to fight the entire crew? What is the point of that.
Preserving the enemy ships for resources to harvest for Starfleet?

Preserve the ship for infiltrating enemy territory without raising suspicion for Starfleet?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Eh, the combat is fine when compared with other mmos. Could be a bit more polished of course, but in general I don't have much in the way of complaints. I mean there's only so much you can do with phasers and hand to hand. Perhaps we'll have swords eventually. As far as my personal preference, I don't like the first person perspective in mmos, so it's just fine by me that we're not stuck in first person.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Preserving the enemy ships for resources to harvest for Starfleet?

Preserve the ship for infiltrating enemy territory without raising suspicion for Starfleet?
*cough* TRANSPORTERS *cough*,starships usually have brigs for a reason, hell beam them into space. We're planning on killing them anyway.