Lt. Commander
# 1 Need or Greed
02-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Someone please explain this to me, this wan's in the game during OB, nor was it in the game prior to release this morning, when did this come about? How does it work, I lost out on a deflector dish because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
who what huh
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
It's working exactly as intended. It was in since OB You just never noticed it before is all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionHawk View Post
Someone please explain this to me, this wan's in the game during OB, nor was it in the game prior to release this morning, when did this come about? How does it work, I lost out on a deflector dish because of this.
If something is an upgrade for your gear that you intend to use immediately, you pick "Need". If it's not an upgrade you're going to use and you're just going to sell it, or you might use it some day but have no immediate need, you pick "Greed".

Any people who pick "Need" then roll randomly and one gets it; if only one picks "Need" he gets it automatically.

If nobody picks "Need", then those who picked "Greed" roll.

What stops people from rolling "Need" on everything? The "leave group" button; if somebody's doing that, kick them or leave the group and play with somebody with more honor.

BTW, it's been in there for a long time, you just missed it; and it's a time-honored mechanic found in many other MMORPGs. When it wasn't there during early CB, people demanded it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
If something is an upgrade for your gear that you intend to use immediately, you pick "Need". If it's not an upgrade you're going to use and you're just going to sell it, or you might use it some day but have no immediate need, you pick "Greed".

Any people who pick "Need" then roll randomly and one gets it; if only one picks "Need" he gets it automatically.

If nobody picks "Need", then those who picked "Greed" roll.

What stops people from rolling "Need" on everything? The "leave group" button; if somebody's doing that, kick them or leave the group and play with somebody with more honor.

BTW, it's been in there for a long time, you just missed it; and it's a time-honored mechanic found in many other MMORPGs. When it wasn't there during early CB, people demanded it.
Well i played quite a bit of open beta, and it always said take item i never got a need or greed deal.. so i just felt like okay this is new.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionHawk View Post
Well i played quite a bit of open beta, and it always said take item i never got a need or greed deal.. so i just felt like okay this is new.
It's set by the team leader. The default is Round Robin; you never saw it because the folks you teamed with didn't change the default. It's in your Team Settings, which are in the Social window. You can hit "O" to bring up that window.

Round Robin is fine for most casual teaming, especially auto-teaming. Most hardcore guild teaming will be Master Looter (which means the team leader decides who gets what loot). Need or Greed is for the stuff in between.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
It's set by the team leader. The default is Round Robin; you never saw it because the folks you teamed with didn't change the default. It's in your Team Settings, which are in the Social window. You can hit "O" to bring up that window.

Round Robin is fine for most casual teaming, especially auto-teaming. Most hardcore guild teaming will be Master Looter (which means the team leader decides who gets what loot). Need or Greed is for the stuff in between.
I thnk round robin is farest IMO