Lt. Commander
# 1 NX Hull Number
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Have an issue I tried to bring up in #STO but none of the mods knew or didn't reply. I claimed my NX and when I went to change it from NCC to NX it wants me to pay 1500 credits. During head start I got my LCDR ship and named it (Serenity if your curious... long live Firefly!). Any how... I think that we should at least be able to change our hull number to the new NX for free... but alas I still roam the skies with NCC . Thanks for your time and congratulations on a great launch... UK... your next

-Pikkel
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:42 PM
changing my shipname thing to nx was free. even did it in space. ofc i didn't change my ship name before hand. only the first name change is free.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
changing my shipname thing to nx was free. even did it in space. ofc i didn't change my ship name before hand. only the first name change is free.
Just to prevent a whole slew of "mine worked" posts. The first ship name change is free, so if you didn't change your ship name prior to changing it to NX, it will be free.

I knew the first one is free... but I think at the beginning it is a disadvantage for us who beta tested and got the head start to have to pay 1500 credits to simply implement our bonus gift . Making the NCC to NX change free would be a nice gesture ... I would petition a GM but it was down when I tried.

Appreciate the replies
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkelB
Have an issue I tried to bring up in #STO but none of the mods knew or didn't reply. I claimed my NX and when I went to change it from NCC to NX it wants me to pay 1500 credits. During head start I got my LCDR ship and named it (Serenity if your curious... long live Firefly!). Any how... I think that we should at least be able to change our hull number to the new NX for free... but alas I still roam the skies with NCC . Thanks for your time and congratulations on a great launch... UK... your next

-Pikkel
My NX change was free also...

But I didn't change the name of my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkelB
Just to prevent a whole slew of "mine worked" posts. The first ship name change is free, so if you didn't change your ship name prior to changing it to NX, it will be free.

I knew the first one is free... but I think at the beginning it is a disadvantage for us who beta tested and got the head start to have to pay 1500 credits to simply implement our bonus gift . Making the NCC to NX change free would be a nice gesture ... I would petition a GM but it was down when I tried.

Appreciate the replies
Well, knowing that only the first ship change is free, I didn't rename any ship during head start, knowing I'd have an NX on the 2nd...

A little forethought saves Merits.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Well, knowing that only the first ship change is free, I didn't rename any ship during head start, knowing I'd have an NX on the 2nd...

A little forethought saves Merits.
How dare I assume that someone would have the forethought to not screw a customer ehh?
Your comment was the quint essential non-helpful non-wanted post. Go troll somewhere else please...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
The way I would look at it is that, unless you are an Admiral now, you will not be in your current ship that long and you can apply the NX to the next (and all future ships) for free.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I did it for free after already changing my ship name during headstart.. =o.O=
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
So how do you get the NX prefix for the hull number?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I think the NX prefix was a bonus offered by some retailers for those preordering the game.