Lt. Commander
# 1 New Disintgration sound files
03-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Okay, again, not sure this is the right place for this.

I remember that BO voice files have been temporarily suspended, for whatever internal reason. Cool.

Now to offer a suggestion, although very small, about disintegrations, either in PvE or PvP.

When one gets disintegrated, especially if it is yourself, you hear a small whine/scream as you fade into nothingness. You can sorta hear it on your "victims", too, but it is clearer when it happens to you. Now, admittedly this is a minor quibble, but, anyway we can get different sounds of death? I am particularly interested in sounds per race, although sounds by sex would be nice and an addition of random sounds would be great.

But again, I am thinking more about sounds by race. My Gorn getting disentigrated should not sound like my human getting disentegrated. I can see some races sharing the same "scream", but some could be silent (Vulcans) and others maybe higher/whinier (Ferengi) and still others of lower octave range (Klingons). Gorn could either hiss as they vaporize or have a lower/louder roar.

Just an idea.