Lt. Commander
# 1 Direct DL for STO
02-03-2010, 10:28 PM
I just got my headstart code from eb games (stupid namco bandai) and I went to download the game only to find the only 2 options were the star trek downloader and a torrent (which seem to operate under the same system). Why is there no direct download because the torrent and the downloader are untollerably slow. Maybe it is because I'm in Australia. Can someone direct me to a direct download if there is one and i just can't find it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Um... torrent speed is based on seeds.... so it speeds up and slows down based on the number of servers up with the file being shared.... a direct download will actually take u longer than a torrent will.

direct downloads are done via 1 machine u will be looking at twice the time for that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Um... torrent speed is based on seeds.... so it speeds up and slows down based on the number of servers up with the file being shared.... a direct download will actually take u longer than a torrent will.

direct downloads are done via 1 machine u will be looking at twice the time for that.
... I know how a torrent works but if a direct download has a good server, ie a company. It is a whole server cluster and is considerably faster and more stable than a torrent ever will be.