Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acizoo View Post
ok guy you are really an idiot ... have you ever seen a star trek movie with the size of ships they have actuqally doing barrel rolls or pitch and yaw manuvers ??? didnt think so be realistic
Hah, wow you made yourself look like the idiot

Size doesn't mean anything in space, also there is no up or down in space, no upside down.

Also yes, I have seen multipul times in star trek tv shows and in the movies ships doing maneuvers they do not allow in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 06:13 AM
I wonder this as well. Not doubt Cryptic cut some corners here, which is very much a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon88
lol @ telling the someone to be realistic when he's playing a sci-fi game.
But I totally agree with the op here, if they just pasted in the combat system from ST: Bridge Commander, I'd be in nerd heaven.
*hehe* same what i was thinking Oh man...i loved Bridge Commander with KM1.0 and Galaxy Charts Regarding the Space part is was the best and as close to Trek as it could get..awww...wish it would be like this in STO
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acizoo View Post
ok guy you are really an idiot ... have you ever seen a star trek movie with the size of ships they have actuqally doing barrel rolls or pitch and yaw manuvers ??? didnt think so be realistic
Watch ST:Nemesis ...i'll say..."Full axis rotation to port" and that's just the tip of it
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugath View Post
Hah, wow you made yourself look like the idiot

Size doesn't mean anything in space, also there is no up or down in space, no upside down.

Also yes, I have seen multipul times in star trek tv shows and in the movies ships doing maneuvers they do not allow in the game.

...only when rendering power would allow it.

ie: DS9 and forward.

But SRSLY - this is AMAZINGLY lazy from the *****es at Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2010, 07:23 AM
I might be wrong here, but when i control the ship, it would add a totally new layer of complexity if you had 360 degree on all axis.

My reasoning is the way we control the ship and teh way to camera follows.

I use both mouse buttons to move as i find this easier, and use the keyboard for all the other things (programmable keys always help here)

If i tried to move in a full 3D space, i get a little confused and disoriented, and i think it has been mentioned before that most people cannot calculate depth and distance as well when flying, which seperates the really good fighter pilots from the good ones. (not sure if i am explaining this correctly)

But i think it would be better to allow for a straight "up" and "down" on that axis, so full 180 degree, instead of the 120 we got currently.

It is just funny to me that i can not go staight up
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyluryn
I'm guessing they applied the code for flight in Champions to Starships. Sadly for me it takes a huge amount away from the game.
Fixed for ya OP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2010, 07:30 AM
I would like to be able to go straight up/down instead of the angle we have now.. but a "True 3D" space (with upside down etc) would probably be a pain in the rear for most people to play. This isnt a space simulator after all and we need to make the game playable for the majority.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I would like to be able to go straight up/down instead of the angle we have now.. but a "True 3D" space (with upside down etc) would probably be a pain in the rear for most people to play. This isnt a space simulator after all and we need to make the game playable for the majority.
That's why we should atleast get 90 degrees up and down movement + ventral and dorsal shields. No more cycling up and down and not being hard for the majority