Lt. Commander
# 41
10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
As a role player, I am interested in characters. When the ship, crew, bridge officers, and captain are all my creation then I truly feel they are mine. I also agree with the statement of the ship as a character. To create and make my own things and imagine the rest is perfectly OK with me. I may not have a “home planet” for my custom race but that does not mean it does not exist to me.

If the team has time, though, what might be interesting would be to have a “home world generator” as well. When in the race creation screen there can be a few pre-generated world types to choose from. Then there can be a list of options. Things like, green seas or giant crystal structures could create a sense of uniqueness and the players could occasionally get some sort of instance based mission to take them there. This way we get a personal factor to the story and a reason to be more creative without filling the galaxy with extra planets... unless, of course, you want something like that... You could do something similar to Spore there with character content helping you fill out your game!
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Glad to see someone who really cares about an IP working on a game. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 43 Anthro Characters
10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I really hope they include the Anthropomorphic races. For example, the Cat people: I know they're in Star Trek, look at Star Trek V... sure she's not a majorly represented race, but still, I'm sure I'm not the only one that'll enjoy having a Furry Federation character.
I can't imagine someone'd forget a subculture like Anthro's, Oblivion has Khajits and FFXI has Mithras.
P.S. Maybe you could squeeze in a Fox race too, if there's room?--and not just because I'm partial to Foxes ...but you could probably tell that.
Anyhow, keep up the good work, I'm really excited!
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Will characters have the ability to evolve and change physically. many brave tales can be told of scars earned in battle. Loosing an eye in an assault, embedded pieces of metal, perhaps even a Borg implant. All would be cool game mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 45 qaustion
10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
how do i get nto the game and fight
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjford View Post
how do i get nto the game and fight
Just wait till the game is finished, you will understand it then

''it would be fun if the federation had a planet and the klingons, or more planets..
So people can join up in citys or sell, trade etc..''
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey Matt,

Greetings from Germany and nice to have you with us!
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-02-2008, 07:55 AM
we care about the game, not the people who are making it. thats not a real update. every meet the team will ultimately be the same. WE WANT REAL UPDATES!
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
I wonder how the interview was posted here, without a working mouse pointer... ^^
Lt. Commander
# 50 Thanks
10-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the update.

I'd like to know more about the game mechanics, but it is good to know that there is a real fan to put a pretty face on all of it.

I think you're off on your favorites though. City on the Edge of Forever was mine, although the series finale of TNG was good too. Also, Star Trek IV was the best of the movies IMHO.

Please get that game out soon!