Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The problem is carebears doing PVP for loot. Especially as WoW has indoctrinated them into believing that they can AFK for free epics.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
*Disclaimer* : I have not tried this myself...BUT...

...the game claims that the use of a Tractor Beam can prevent enemies from cloaking.

Has this been tried in PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
It's really a shame. Gamine just became too mainstream.

Every so often, a good one sneaks out but it always stays under the radar. TBH though, those less popular multilayer games often have the most enjoyable communities on the count that people know each other more intimately and they don't want to risk pushing people out of an already small community.
Must agree with this (even if it "sorta" a thread hijack) anybody with a PS3 has heard how "brutal" Demons Soul" is.. wow, pansies... my first play through and i beat the first two bosses without dying. Its a simple block and thrust system with some simple lock on methods. This game seems to take alot of caution and brains (demons soul) I have yet to see anything in game that is "cheap".

Now the last boss in Castlevania with its perfectly timed jumps and whips with almost zero room for error, then to be (spoiler!) be mind screwed, he isnt dead, keep going!

The hide and regen full health in 2-5 second comabt games. its pretty easy nowdays (which is good, as I suck horribly at thaose old games nowdasy (reaction time is all gone, damn you age!) so I need easier games

age has even effected my spelling!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
I've seen plenty of posts on this and as an active Federation participant in PVP, I find this to be "mostly" incorrect. While the Klingon's do have more advantages than the Fed's, poor PVP skills is often the downfall of Federation players. It's the Klingon tactic to separate federation players and pick them off in smaller groups, often sending out a decoy who will uncloak and send some of the "very bored and eagerly waiting for the Klingons to show" Federation players to give quick chase and split the group up. Doing this turns the advantage to the Klingon's who will then all uncloak and pummel the smaller group and use that momentum to win the match. If you as Federation players stay together and focus your fire on one ship at a time, you will win the encounter 80% or the time or more.

When I'm in groups where the Federation players stay close, we usually **** the Klingon's. So in rebuke, I'd have to say that the replies to the OP are valid, learn some tactics and get your teams to work together with some patience.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
The problem is carebears doing PVP for loot. Especially as WoW has indoctrinated them into believing that they can AFK for free epics.
carebear-instant flag as that 80 in Wow who thinks killing noobs in SS is fun. But I wont judge, same as all PvP are raging 12 year olds who couldnt win a even battle if the other player was drunk passed out and not at his computer. The rest of your statment holds alot of truth.

With that said, PvP is sledom even remotly fair, and in the end, who cares. its Not susposed to be fair (is it?) its PLAYER vs PLAYER, no where does it say "even level" , "fair" or anything remotly like that.

Honor, now that I do understand (WoW cant figure it out, Honor points? err how is a level 80 killing a level 70 honor?) Should be PvP points.

We shall see how many KDF can stick with Honor (as they gain honor points, fed gains merits)(or feds for that matter). My guess is almost none, havent seen it yet in any game (except in small doses).
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qixter View Post
*Disclaimer* : I have not tried this myself...BUT...

...the game claims that the use of a Tractor Beam can prevent enemies from cloaking.

Has this been tried in PvP?
I don't know if it prevents cloaking, but I can say that no ship I had in a tractor lock cloaked on me before the tractor beam faded.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
I've seen plenty of posts on this and as an active Federation participant in PVP, I find this to be "mostly" incorrect. While the Klingon's do have more advantages than the Fed's, poor PVP skills is often the downfall of Federation players. It's the Klingon tactic to separate federation players and pick them off in smaller groups, often sending out a decoy who will uncloak and send some of the "very bored and eagerly waiting for the Klingons to show" Federation players to give quick chase and split the group up. Doing this turns the advantage to the Klingon's who will then all uncloak and pummel the smaller group and use that momentum to win the match. If you as Federation players stay together and focus your fire on one ship at a time, you will win the encounter 80% or the time or more.

When I'm in groups where the Federation players stay close, we usually **** the Klingon's. So in rebuke, I'd have to say that the replies to the OP are valid, learn some tactics and get your teams to work together with some patience.
I know about the only kills i get are the feds who fly out of the fedblob, if they stay in their blob normally Im dead. worse if there is a sience ship anywhere worth an ounce of salt.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clok1966 View Post
Must agree with this (even if it "sorta" a thread hijack) anybody with a PS3 has heard how "brutal" Demons Soul" is.. wow, pansies... my first play through and i beat the first two bosses without dying. Its a simple block and thrust system with some simple lock on methods. This game seems to take alot of caution and brains (demons soul) I have yet to see anything in game that is "cheap".

Now the last boss in Castlevania with its perfectly timed jumps and whips with almost zero room for error, then to be (spoiler!) be mind screwed, he isnt dead, keep going!

The hide and regen full health in 2-5 second comabt games. its pretty easy nowdays (which is good, as I suck horribly at thaose old games nowdasy (reaction time is all gone, damn you age!) so I need easier games

age has even effected my spelling!
idk, I this this is fair on topic.

The op said (to paraphrase)

"I want to be an unstoppable juggernaut in PvP because I'm me and only my enjoyment matters and enjoyment comes from easy wins"

And we counter and contribute to the topic by lamenting on how games to to challenge us and how now a days having to apply yourself and think makes a game bad.

The Fomula looks something like this now:

Fun = (Win Divided by Time) Times (HD Explosions Plus "Bad a$$ characters) Minus Effort Squared

It use be that fun was a function of accomplishment derived by the amount of effort and ingenuity you used to over come a challenge. Factor in a deep story line and likable characters and you had something.

Games and times are changing. For the better or for the worse, I can not say. Can you justify super easy games as long as they sell? IF a bad game sells millions, does that mean it's a good game?
Lt. Commander
people are throwing around this PVP term like its free.....

Mini games are just that... not pvp
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
Its grossly broken. Klingons can **** and pillage at will, take almost 100% damage then cloak and fade away while all the other Klingons you havent been shooting at kill you. And if you are lucky enough to live by the time you have shifted to another target that takes massive damage and cloaked away the first one you crippled has decloaked and repaired to shoot you some more. Cloaking devices need some rules, making them inoperatvie after a certain amount of damage would make it better. Because the same tactics of "group up to survive Feds" (and even then you will get owned eventually) makes for bored, tired and upset players. I have been on Fed teams that have ripped Klingons up but they just band together in a big cloaked group and end up owning a full squad of Fed ships anyways. Cloaking devices need Nerfed!!
Absolutely Not. If anything Klingons need additional edges. They are a PVP faction whose entire mechanic is built around PVP. The Federation should not be as good as them at all(presently I play Federation). Klingons need PVE content and then we can talk equalizing. For now, the Fed ships are still too powerful relative to the Klingons.