Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

First of all, despite the troubles that you guys have had to work through initially, thank you VERY much for making STO a reality. While it might not be satisfactory to numerous people, I'm having a ton of fun with it.

I have only one request to make, regarding a possible in-game feature. Can you please add the ability to set Alert Status for your starship ? In the interests of "immersion" and just plain having FUN....a starship captain feels more like a starship captain if he/she can dictate the Alert Status aboard their vessel.

Currently, all starships in STO run around with their shields up at all times. As far as Star Trek canon goes, any Federation vessel that is in friendly territory is in Condition Green....with weapons and shields powered down. STO ships can run without shields (cloaked vessels) .See the quote below from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Setting: Enterprise is approaching Reliant for the first time.

Joaquim: "They still haven't raised their shields"

Khan: Of course ! We're one big happy fleet ! "

Please integrate Alert Status into the game UI. It shouldn't take up too much space on the existing interface.

Condition Green: Deflectors powered down (as if cloaked). Weapons offline and unusable. (nothing happens when you click phaser or torp icon)

Condition Yellow: Weapons still offline, but deflectors powered up.

Condition Red: All systems powered up (shields, weapons...everything)

Thanks for your time !

Drake@Genesis1701A
USS Farragut
United Federation of Planets
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis1701A
Currently, all starships in STO run around with their shields up at all times.
Actually, that turns out not to be the case. Your shields are down at all times in this game, except when you're within 10km of an enemy and thus "in combat". The ship automatically goes to Red Alert then and brings up shields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis1701A
Cryptic,

First of all, despite the troubles that you guys have had to work through initially, thank you VERY much for making STO a reality. While it might not be satisfactory to numerous people, I'm having a ton of fun with it.

I have only one request to make, regarding a possible in-game feature. Can you please add the ability to set Alert Status for your starship ? In the interests of "immersion" and just plain having FUN....a starship captain feels more like a starship captain if he/she can dictate the Alert Status aboard their vessel.

Currently, all starships in STO run around with their shields up at all times. As far as Star Trek canon goes, any Federation vessel that is in friendly territory is in Condition Green....with weapons and shields powered down. STO ships can run without shields (cloaked vessels) .See the quote below from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Setting: Enterprise is approaching Reliant for the first time.

Joaquim: "They still haven't raised their shields"

Khan: Of course ! We're one big happy fleet ! "

Please integrate Alert Status into the game UI. It shouldn't take up too much space on the existing interface.

Condition Green: Deflectors powered down (as if cloaked). Weapons offline and unusable. (nothing happens when you click phaser or torp icon)

Condition Yellow: Weapons still offline, but deflectors powered up.

Condition Red: All systems powered up (shields, weapons...everything)

Thanks for your time !

Drake@Genesis1701A
USS Farragut
United Federation of Planets

Having just been DOA'd in less than 5 seconds on a warp in, I just have to say you are nutz.

But I'll fly with it if that is what they do.