Lt. Commander
I honestly thought that the NX title was something you can choose for free and what nots as we had to BUY it!

Or do you get a new registry for free when you get a new ship and this is a non issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
if its an item it will go into the useable items slots for your vessel if its not then you should be able to shift it in the renamer though you can only re-name a vessel once for free, not sure if that will also have the option to switch it from uss to nx.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:41 PM
so I can't get a new one without paying the 1500 merits???
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THeHolyLancer View Post
so I can't get a new one without paying the 1500 merits???
You get it for free with your *first* ship rename (which is the free one). If you've already renamed your ship once for free, you have to pay to change the NCC to NX. The bonus item is the ability to use NX, not get an NX change for free.

Since I knew I was getting the NX when I got my DDE code, I didn't rename any ships during Head Start since I know each ship only comes with one free rename.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
You get it for free with your *first* ship rename (which is the free one). If you've already renamed your ship once for free, you have to pay to change the NCC to NX. The bonus item is the ability to use NX, not get an NX change for free.

Since I knew I was getting the NX when I got my DDE code, I didn't rename any ships during Head Start since I know each ship only comes with one free rename.
Think this is a bug.. i've been able to rename ships a few times without costing anything. and other times its asked me to pay...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
Think this is a bug.. i've been able to rename ships a few times without costing anything. and other times its asked me to pay...
Well, you're supposed to be able to rename as well as customize any *single* ship as extensively as you want one time for free. everything after that is supposed to cost merits/energy credits, so, if you were able to rename a single ship more than once for free, count yourself fortunate.

If you mean you've been able to rename *each* of your ships once for free, that's working as intended. If you've been able to rename a *specific* ship more than once for free, that's a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:32 AM
I had already re-named my ship during head start, but I'm happy to say that once I activated my NX designation I was able to go the the renaming screen, use the pull-down menu and change designation for free.

Happy days, now the USS Amazon has her NX designation to go with the experimental frequency-rotated weaponry she is currently testing (pink and purple phaser banks )

Have Fun,
G'leth

Devs! Keep the /powerhue command active!
/powerhue 0 298
/powerhue 0 255
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 01:35 AM
i renamed my T2 cruiser when i got it(during headstart)...yesterday i got the NX prefix and yippie 1500 merits ... gtfo ...