Lt. Commander
Hey Forum

I just want to know are there no way that i can register my key with my account without paying 1 month of subscription?

The reason is that i don't want to play the game in it curret state, but will be back in -1 year to see how it is going. But when i try to "Redeem your key!" i'm asked to select credit card or game card. And both of the options require me to enter a credit card/game card to continue
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
You don't actually pay for the first month. You just have to enter a credit card number in order to register. Your retail purchase should have come with a free month, and until that time is up you shouldn't be billed for a monthly subscription.

After the initial month, it is required to pay 15$ per month to play, as it is an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I tried doing that too but billing won't let me submit the form without payment. That includes prepaid time cards.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I tried doing that too but billing won't let me submit the form without payment. That includes prepaid time cards.
all you need to do is fill out the billing information... this is Standard operating procedure for any online game.. You wont get billed till your 30 days runs outs. Its soo they have a record of who the account is registered to so people cant steal keys and such.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
all you need to do is fill out the billing information... this is Standard operating procedure for any online game.. You wont get billed till your 30 days runs outs. Its soo they have a record of who the account is registered to so people cant steal keys and such.
I tried clicking on the submit button but it will not complete without the prepaid time card key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I tried clicking on the submit button but it will not complete without the prepaid time card key.
Yes... you need a prepaid time card or a credit card to create your account. Its better to use a credit card if you're worried about not playing after the first month.

It says on the box. "Requires Credit Card to play." I am almost 100% sure of this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Yes... you need a prepaid time card or a credit card to create your account. Its better to use a credit card if you're worried about not playing after the first month.

It says on the box. "Requires Credit Card to play." I am almost 100% sure of this.

You are correct.. the only way to play with out a credit card is to buy pre-pay cards.. this is how every MMO made works.. ok.. well most of um anyway.. Wow, EQ, SWG, CoH.. to name a few..

DDO you dont need a card though.. But will eventually if you want some ingame goodies and some nice quests after lvl 2..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker

It says on the box subsription required. It says nothing about credit cards. Plus the activation wants the prepaid time card key BEFORE I can submit the form.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
it is credit card , prepaid game time card or paypal.
three methods and you don't even have to have a cc or bank setup on the paypal account just have an active paypal account.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
What about those of us that have paid for the preorder bonus of the lifetime subscription - I shouldn't have to put my credit card info in since I already bought my full subscription - I don't want them charging me double or cancelling my lifetime account because I try to stop the monthy pay after registering the key.