Lt. Commander
# 61
02-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Try again with the game in windowed or maximized windowed mode. Worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefx73 View Post
Try again with the game in windowed or maximized windowed mode. Worked for me.
Heh, I'm an idiot; turns out I didn't correctly set the script to have administrator permisisons.

Works like a dream, now. It's like an entirely new game.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurwell View Post
Here's a simple autohotkey script that works for me. Apparently you can set as many weapons as you want to autofire if you just click really fast. Unfortunately, I'm not that fast a clicker. So I load up this script, put the mouse over the first weapon, and hit #-z. Then the script sets them all on autofire, after which I can kill autohotkey. I like this a bit better because I don't have to turn a toggle on and off, it won't interrupt my typing, and I don't need an extra program running in the background.

Note: It does require a couple of tries usually to get them all set. Just take however many weapons it caught off autofire and try again, you should only have to do it a couple of times.

#z::
MouseClick, Right, 0, 0, 1, 0, , R
MouseClick, Right, 35, 0, 1, 0, , R
; MouseClick, Right, 35, 0, 1, 0, , R ; Uncomment for 3 weapons
; MouseClick, Right, 35, 0, 1, 0, , R ; Uncomment for 4 weapons
Return
Once I reached Captain I didn't seem to be able to click all the weapons quick enough to get autofire working on all weapons, this though, this is genius, thank you so much.

Pretty much worked straight away, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Want to add my solution which is a result of several changes to avoid problems you can have with autofire macro:

- I don't use the "Fire-all-weapons" function (not the keybinding and also not the UI-icon) because from my obseravtion it works not accurate (on my 8 beam cruiser it fires only 5, 6, sometimes 7 beams but never all 8)

- to save buttonspace on the 3 visible bars I moved all 8 weapon buttons to bar 10 and bound them with

/bind F5 "+TrayExecByTray 9 0"
/bind F12 "+TrayExecByTray 9 7"

to the F5 to F12 keys. As a result I don't get error sounds if key is not up, can chat while autofire is active and don't need weapon buttons to be visible. Can also use my mouse normal. In case I want to fire torps manually I just move the torp button to my visible bars. If this setup is done once for 8 weapons it's usable for any ship type.

As last the autohotkey macro which has a toggle-button which is in my case the END key (can be changed in line 2). Pause length between button spamming is 0.125 sec, loop repeats after 1 sec.

Have to thank a guy with much knowledge from the autohotkey forum who helped me optimizing it.
If you want to try it out don't forget to delete key-bindings in the options menue for the used keys.

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
END::
If (lo := !lo)
Gosub, autofireloop
Return

autofireloop:
Loop
{
if !lo
Break
Send, {F5}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F6}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F7}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F8}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F9}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F10}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F11}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F12}
Sleep, 125
}
Return
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
Want to add my solution which is a result of several changes to avoid problems you can have with autofire macro:

- I don't use the "Fire-all-weapons" function (not the keybinding and also not the UI-icon) because from my obseravtion it works not accurate (on my 8 beam cruiser it fires only 5, 6, sometimes 7 beams but never all 8)

- to save buttonspace on the 3 visible bars I moved all 8 weapon buttons to bar 10 and bound them with

/bind F5 "+TrayExecByTray 9 0"
/bind F12 "+TrayExecByTray 9 7"

to the F5 to F12 keys. As a result I don't get error sounds if key is not up, can chat while autofire is active and don't need weapon buttons to be visible. Can also use my mouse normal. In case I want to fire torps manually I just move the torp button to my visible bars. If this setup is done once for 8 weapons it's usable for any ship type.

As last the autohotkey macro which has a toggle-button which is in my case the END key (can be changed in line 2). Pause length between button spamming is 0.125 sec, loop repeats after 1 sec.

Have to thank a guy with much knowledge from the autohotkey forum who helped me optimizing it.
If you want to try it out don't forget to delete key-bindings in the options menue for the used keys.

#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 3
END::
If (lo := !lo)
Gosub, autofireloop
Return

autofireloop:
Loop
{
if !lo
Break
Send, {F5}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F6}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F7}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F8}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F9}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F10}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F11}
Sleep, 125
if !lo
Break
Send, {F12}
Sleep, 125
}
Return
This script is very cool thanks for posting it. I do have one odd issue with it though. If I activate the script, the first 3 trays no longer function properly. It seems like you can no longer reliably use the default trays and keybinds.

I have my skills bound to trays 0,1,2 - set as the defualt 1-9, ALT 1-9 and CTRL 1-9 and the problem is if I key ALT 1 sometimes it will use the alt 1 skill, other times it will fire off the ctrl 1 sklll. If I toggle the script off the problem goes away.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
@harvord
Yes there is in general a problem using ALT / STRG / SHIFT combos. I first made a script using SHIFT+F5 to SHIFT+F12 for the weapons but that didn't worked because other bindings which used F5 to F12 where activated too by the macro (can't say if this is issue is game related or operating system related).

So if you want to use that script do not use any other bindings with ALT / STRG / SHIFT combos on the F5 to F12 keys. Remember I made this script with the guideline that it should not disturb chatting while autofiring is active, "sacrificing" eight F-keys was the best way for me to do that.

I activate my hotbar skill buttons only with the mouse (have free camera mode and toggle-mouse-look on the thumb button of my mouse) but if you want to use the hotbars also with the keyboard I suggest to use the number keys, e.g. SHIFT+1 to SHIFT+0 for the first hotbar, STRG+1 to STRG+0 for the second hotbar, ALT+1 to ALT+0 for the third hotbar.
In any case you can't use the standard keybindings and have to reconfigure the whole binding setup.