Lt. Commander
# 1 why no pdf manual
02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
im well pdesis with this and i cant even play it because 1 no-one in the local channel will answer questions;and why should they they want to play game not be cryptic toe rags.

2 there is no help channel;youd think a new game would have a helpo channel staffed by cryptic/atari but i suppose they dont give a ckfu.

3 theres no manual to download in pdf for e.g.

4 the petition sys sucks because if you use a phrase to quote dr mcoy "god damn it" it deleates your petition for using a profanity.Well kufcyou you ckignf cpirsk.

5 the damn info pop ups everytime you point to something are annoying many.

6 there is no responce from anyone in cryptic or in my case also Direc 2 drive about the purchased deluxe not giving the extra items.

7 having to walk everywhere with your gun out scaring all the tribbles and no way of putting it away.

8 no manual

9 no manual

10 no ckingf manual
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:56 PM
This manual won't do?

http://www.startrekonline.com/manual
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Uri View Post
7 having to walk everywhere with your gun out scaring all the tribbles and no way of putting it away.
Press H to holster your weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
And go to Options to reset the tooltip delay. Options is on the mini map, the button that looks like a computer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank You;that helps;why cryptic could not make it clear there was a manual,perhaps put an icon on the launce programme;although it gives soime basic help,it is very limited.

for exampole it do not tell you how to sell stuff for its base value,how to earn credits besides the stumbeling upon during totorial loot,which btw i cant sell and has been on market (exchange) since yesterday at its base value.

Also it dont tell you what to do to close a quest;as i have "a line in the sand" open perhaps because i compleated it yesterday right at moment the server was taken offline.

but thank you for answering ?& providing the link/address to the manual provided.cryptic need to employ people like you it will be good for their revenues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Go to the main site, click Support, and the dropdown has an option titled "Manual."

Also, you can't outright sell items for their base value. I don't know of any MMO that does this. Hell, D&D tabletop doesn't let you. However, you can sell stuff on the Exchange for whatever price you name.

Finally, you close Quests by hailing Starfleet. The icon by the minimap that looks like the Star Trek emblem will flash. Just click it, click on the name with the check mark next to it, and you'll be able to close the quest out. You'll have to choose the item you want, if it gives you the option.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
FFS, will everyone please stop linking to this POS. It is worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
THX Guys :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Uri View Post
Thank You;that helps;why cryptic could not make it clear there was a manual,perhaps put an icon on the launce programme;although it gives soime basic help,it is very limited.

for exampole it do not tell you how to sell stuff for its base value,how to earn credits besides the stumbeling upon during totorial loot,which btw i cant sell and has been on market (exchange) since yesterday at its base value.

Also it dont tell you what to do to close a quest;as i have "a line in the sand" open perhaps because i compleated it yesterday right at moment the server was taken offline.

but thank you for answering ?& providing the link/address to the manual provided.cryptic need to employ people like you it will be good for their revenues.

You're welcome.

It's hard sometimes to answer questions in Zone chat because there's just too much chatting going on. Sometimes just watch a while and you will see the answer scroll by. You aren't the only one asking questions. Like Where's Sulu and Where's Memory Alpha. Those must be asked a hundred times an hour.

Selling stuff is usually just running around and seeing what the vendors have and selling off your junk to them. The Exchange is where players buy and sell and honestly, for the first couple weeks, that is just going to be chaos.

As for that quest, "Line in the sand," it is bugged. I have the same problem. It's stuck in my quest journal as incomplete. Here's a thread on it in the Feedback forums.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...04#post1840804

Don't worry. It will get easier as you play more. Take the time to look around and read everything the NPCs tell you. There's a lot of information there.

And asking on the forum will usually get your questions answered quicker and more fully than in game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
FFS, will everyone please stop linking to this POS. It is worthless.
It is not worthless. It consolidates information. It's a basic manual, not a complete and thorough manual of every single feature in game. It's a place to start.

Also, there's a lot of people here that have never played an MMO before; so a basic starter manual is exactly what they need.