Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 06:54 AM
T2 cruisers are a nice addition but if you play Premades as Klingon, you see that its not a must to have a Cruiser in T2, we can manage without, but only in premades.

Random Pug might be bad against many cruisers, they just tank too much. But usually Klinks know what to do and dps the cruisers down with team work. (+loads of healing on klingon side).
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 07:31 AM
I would point out that KDF never gets cruisers, and that's something they should be glad for.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Don't you realize that's at the 45 day post release update point . It will benefit no-one , but atleast it'll be released.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Casual players being beat over and over in T2 because klingon don't have access to a cruiser atm is not good for retaining suscripations. A cruiser is needed now not later. Cryptic really dropped the ball on this one. We have asked over and over through CB and OB and we are still the freak side show!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I think people grossly overestimate the value of Cruisers in T2 PvP.

The most effective tactic I've seen for Klingons throughout the entire tier is to pick a non-Cruiser target, hit Rapid Fire, and have everyone open up on them at the same time. Move like this from target to target; leaving the Cruisers for last. You have all the time in the world to sit 10+ km away (to avoid Sensor Scans) and devise your target order.

I've done 30,000+ healing (which doesn't count shield heals) in a single game and had it not matter one single iota; in T2, damage is still king - though not by the same margin as it is in T1. Healing will absolutely help, but isn't totally required. I've had super lopsided losses where the Klingons didn't heal at all; just assist target and Rapid Fire. The only thing that can survive that for very long is a Cruiser with Reverse Shield Polarity; everyone else (including other Cruisers, believe it or not) is dogmeat.