Lt. Commander
Griefer:
A griefer is a player who does things in a game to deliberately cause grief for their own enjoyment. Such players are a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since they often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals. The term originated in the early 1990s, when online games were growing in popularity. [1] source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

to the folks who complain that the cloaking ability and its usage is greifing:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. signed inigo montoya

Example, your out farming mats and you get ganked in another MMO, then on your way back to get your mats you get killed again, then you get spawn camped....

While the cloak ability is an extreme pain to deal with, that is not greifing since in fact your not being kept from completing your obj's. you can simply exit out. I am a fed, i like playing fed, i hate the fact the the Klings can stay cloaked the untill they either have numbers or get equally bored. but guess what, thats what you sign up for when you go into a death match game. end of story. should there be a time limit on PvP matches? i believe so, but that still doesnt change the fact that there are PLENTY of other que's you can jump into...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti4-6 View Post
Griefer:
should there be a time limit on PvP matches? i believe so, but that still doesnt change the fact that there are PLENTY of other que's you can jump into...
time limit means feds will win more often because of the federation ball of death. Sorry, to people who don't like us waiting for the right time to attack, but that how we roll, we play to win. not die quickly so we can level. If you don't like it, there is always PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
time limit means feds will win more often because of the federation ball of death. Sorry, to people who don't like us waiting for the right time to attack, but that how we roll, we play to win. not die quickly so we can level. If you don't like it, there is always PvE.
my thoughts exactly. way to take one line from the post and warp it into something totally out of context.

Quote:
but that still doesnt change the fact that there are PLENTY of other que's you can jump into...

but anyway i have played plenty of deathmatch type PvP matches where the Klingons roll us due to focus fires and johnny on the spot heals. you can win vs. "ball of death". the point was to quit whinning about "greifing tactics" and play a differant map.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Griefer:
A griefer is a player who does things in a game to deliberately cause grief for their own enjoyment. Such players are a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since they often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals. The term originated in the early 1990s, when online games were growing in popularity. [1] source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

to the folks who complain that the cloaking ability and its usage is greifing:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. signed inigo montoya

Example, your out farming mats and you get ganked in another MMO, then on your way back to get your mats you get killed again, then you get spawn camped....

While the cloak ability is an extreme pain to deal with, that is not greifing since in fact your not being kept from completing your obj's. you can simply exit out. I am a fed, i like playing fed, i hate the fact the the Klings can stay cloaked the untill they either have numbers or get equally bored. but guess what, thats what you sign up for when you go into a death match game. end of story. should there be a time limit on PvP matches? i believe so, but that still doesnt change the fact that there are PLENTY of other que's you can jump into...
A time limit will do nothing to prevent this. Klingons could just stay cloaked until the time runs out. Any sort of time mechanism can only be exploited by the guys who control the action, and that's the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
A time limit will do nothing to prevent this. Klingons could just stay cloaked until the time runs out. Any sort of time mechanism can only be exploited by the guys who control the action, and that's the Klingons.
capture and hold maps maybe? are you more angry that you cant get the jump on a KDF guy or that you cant control the action....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
capture and hold maps maybe? are you more angry that you cant get the jump on a KDF guy or that you cant control the action....
I like my no cloak cruiser idea better personally :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I like my no cloak cruiser idea better personally :p
do you really think that any sane klingon would opt for a no cloaking ship...c'mon that guy would have to completely change the way hes been playing the game for countless hours. bottom line is you have to learn how to react to ambushes and coordinate with your group members.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
do you really think that any sane klingon would opt for a no cloaking ship...c'mon that guy would have to completely change the way hes been playing the game for countless hours. bottom line is you have to learn how to react to ambushes and coordinate with your group members.
There's nothing to worry about with being visible if you can tank as well or slightly better than a fed cruiser if we sacrifice speed on it. A real Klingon would embrace such a ship. It's not the kind of ship you can fly solo with in PVP, so that might turn people off. However, you have 1-2 maybe even 3 of these in a match and assuming they spread the heals/buffs/resists around they'd be a force to be reckoned with. They can back up the other cruisers as well. I'd like to have a full blown tank even if I can't cloak. How many Fed cruiser captains do you see? And are they the first or last target? Again any smart Klingon would realize that just because you're visible, doesn't mean you're the best target. Especially not if you're a decoy/bait for an ambush, or hold a point long enough for backup to arrive.