Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukemTX View Post
but not the same damage ratio. Like I said, getting shot for 120-150 a pop and only able to do 15-20, to an exposed target with an exploit weapon, in the back, is not balanced.
I get hit by Feds that hard. Usually the unknown race tactical officer ones that took all ground traits and use an uber rifle and have trained rifle skills. I've noticed we have alot of those too.

Also, keep in mind Tactical officers weapons should do more damage than the same weapon in the had of an Engineer or Science Officer because they actually can spend points to spec in a type of weapon. Engineers and Science Officers have to use other skills and abilities that they have to make up for this. I do hope you are not comparing the damage of an Engineer shooting to the damage of a Tactical officer shooting.

I will say that some of the rifles in game atm are a bit overpowered (both sides can use these rifles).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirte
...Same kits?

FvF is in the game already?
Klingon kits do not have any abilities that Federation kits do not. They are identical. And T3+ the Federation has access to kits better than those Klingons can get at this time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM
We've gone on a tangent.

I just want to say to Bloodwhatever your name is, federation 'skill' is not the reason they lose every non capture map. Your anecdotal evidence in saying that you've never seen a fed use extend shields is not only invalid, but ignorant to assume that the federation players are any worse than Klingons.

Here's my anecdotal counter - Most Klingons at level 20+ don't even know that you can't cap a node while being invisible. Fewer know that you have to sit at the node for a minute or two before it caps.

So do you still think that Klingon players are just better and that's why I win 90% of my matches? No, it's because we cloak and coordination with cloak takes zero skill. And no I almost never party with pugs and I've never, EVER joined vent with a party in this game. Not saying it wouldn't help, it's just not needed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post
Well im 41 and i have been doing Capure and hold from lvl 16 till now and... ohh yea i still need to do it since we got no other way to Farm Honor to skill our BO and get them there Prober Skills.......................... **** i hate ppl that think they are Awesome when i fact they Suck ass.
I couldn't ignore this post because of it's humor. There's only 1-2 pvp games at a time in TIER 3 at night on the Westcoast. The only way someone on the Klingon side could get to 41 by now is to not only have zero life, but to also be abusing the mechanics. I doubt even 1 in 10 games are real PvP matches if you can even get them at that level.

So you come back to me when you get a life and don't just have your fleetmates power leveling you through uncompetitive PvP. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
So all you guys have is "get out of tier 1?"

I was admiral in open beta. I'm already level 25. What the heck level are YOU? Can anyone in this forum say they're a higher level than me? I'd love to see it.

Edit - Sorry, 26.
minimax@emoejoe is lvl 27 so hah, as klink. and your wrong, im detected alot in cloak, realy cloae, like within 15k. feds will always suck vs klinks, but thats becus of who plays fed and who plays klink. the btter players go for klink, despite NO CONTENT, paper hulls, and jokes for weapons and gear selection.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTray View Post
I couldn't ignore this post because of it's humor. There's only 1-2 pvp games at a time in TIER 3 at night on the Westcoast. The only way someone on the Klingon side could get to 41 by now is to not only have zero life, but to also be abusing the mechanics. I doubt even 1 in 10 games are real PvP matches if you can even get them at that level.

So you come back to me when you get a life and don't just have your fleetmates power leveling you through uncompetitive PvP. Thanks.
wow...your argument turned ignorant real quick when someone with a larger epeeen showed up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by effreem View Post
wow...your argument turned ignorant real quick when someone with a larger epeeen showed up.
Yeah isn't that remarkable? Arrogant people turn real ugly fast when they get criticized or questioned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-03-2010, 01:24 PM
its abundantly clear that most of you have no idea what you are talking about. Look, this argument has been hashed out a million times before this game was even thought up. And all your arguments have been made by the same desperate people trying to keep their precious crutch.

Look, in TV, the simpsons did it.

for MMO PVP, the WoW forums did it.


Just image WoW, where only one faction has rogues. Alliance simply dont get rogues. Now imagine the same wall of QQ, because to any knowledgeable WoW player, that would be incredibly broken.

We are talking about the ability to be invisible, not some crappy science skill or anything, but to be completely untargetable and to have no knowledge of where they are. The ONLY counter is to cripple your weapons or shields and stack science abilities... this is for something that an entire RACE gets by default.

You can make your petty stabs at Tray, but deep down you know he is right. And it is only going to get worse. If you think your vented premade of cruisers/science ship is hard. Just wait till the population of Klingons grows so you see the same thing on that side, only they are invisible and coordinate their attacks so the instant they are out of stealth you have 10 torpedoes and 20+ beams just railing into the side of your buddy.

But no... that is balanced because of some nonsense reason you make up and support with evidence about the "one time you did this" or "your buddy once killed some guys 3v1" or some player who isnt you, once did something that had nothing to do with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanxari View Post
Well im 41 and i have been doing Capure and hold from lvl 16 till now and... ohh yea i still need to do it since we got no other way to Farm Honor to skill our BO and get them there Prober Skills.......................... **** i hate ppl that think they are Awesome when i fact they Suck ass.


Hey Im level 50 and have 4 characters level 50, plus I play in a Romulan warbird, and they arent even released yet.

God I hate people that think they are awesome by making up random numbers, struggling with basic sentence structure and spelling and then proceed to finalize the argument by saying "i'm right, youre gay"

but maybe I need the "prober" items to contend with this champion of knowledge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidT

You can make your petty stabs at Tray, but deep down you know he is right. And it is only going to get worse. If you think your vented premade of cruisers/science ship is hard. Just wait till the population of Klingons grows so you see the same thing on that side, only they are invisible and coordinate their attacks so the instant they are out of stealth you have 10 torpedoes and 20+ beams just railing into the side of your buddy.

But no... that is balanced because of some nonsense reason you make up and support with evidence about the "one time you did this" or "your buddy once killed some guys 3v1" or some player who isnt you, once did something that had nothing to do with you.
We don't have to make petty stabs at him.

I've already posted elsewhere that in t1, the fed ships have far less of a margin of advantage than any other tier.

In every other tier the fed ships 'cruisers and light cruisers' have over the bird of prey :

- A greater hull bonus
- an additional bridge officer slot

Only in tier 1, when feds have the weakest ships available and no dedicated role-ships, is the disparity in ships so close, and it's only in a 50% hull point bonus, which in this tier ends up not being particularly decisive.

The t1 miranda is billed as a light cruiser, but has the stats of an escort, and as we know from every other teir, escorts are the primary target of decloakers because they are the easiest targets (and they are the most dangerous, but also because they die fast)

I'd support a weakening of t1 kdf ships. For me that serves several purposes.

- levels the playing field between motivated pvpers and hapless pve players
- brings the match more in line with the challenge of later tiers
- makes starting a new kdf harder, which weeds out the weaklings.

If I had a hotline to the devs, I'd already be calling them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.