Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Ensign
I don't want to bore anyone with a wall of text, so?

To The Point 1: Be Able to Re-Obtain BOffs; Satra, Hiven, Veril and D'Vex.
To The Point 2: Edit Tovan Bio.
---
(Added 02-14-2014) To The Point 3: Edit Nelen Exil (+All BOffs) Bio.
---

Note: This is Not a Request to make Satra, Hiven, Veril and D'Vex Un-Dischargeable, nor is it a request to be able to Discharge Tovan or be able to Change his Name. (Discuss Elsewhere!)

---

Update: 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM - Official Response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Seems reasonable on all accounts, I'll look into if it's possible to do. No promises though. :)

Last edited by bane1987; 03-20-2014 at 04:54 AM.
Ensign
# 2 Faq
01-31-2014, 04:11 AM
FAQ

Q: Why Do You Want Them? (Amended in Response to #5)
A: I recently became interested in the story and they are part of the story. I Know they are not Top in Terms of Performance, but my Interest has switched from pure Top Quality BOffs/DOffs/Equipment to the Story.

Q: Why Did You Discharge Them?
A: When I started playing this game, it was purely a rapid progression through the Episodes, skipping all dialogue and thus when I decided to upgrade equipment DOffs and BOffs, I didn't realizing the significance of these BOffs.

Q: Why Don't You Just Recreate Them? (Amended in Response to #4)
A: The BOffs have their own unique combination of Traits and Costume Pieces (Saved Outfits Don't Work), so not possible.

Q: Why Not Start A New Toon?
A: Firstly the BOffs are Bound so untradeable and Secondly to Start anew to have these BOffs after putting time into my current Toon, and all the Episodes/EC/Dil/CXP/Accolades/Equipment, I don't see this as an option.

Q: Why Should They Be Re-Obtainable?
A: I can Re-Obtain the Jem'Hadar and Breen BOffs (and now the Klingon Tutorial BOff is re-obtainable), so why not these. Plus I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want them back and like me they may currently have no spare BOff Slots and BOff Slots=Zen=$$$.

Q: How About Upgraded Versions (And A Tovan Like Non-Discharge)? (Amended in Response to #6,#10)
A: Upgraded (Scaling) Versions I disagree with, as it is unlikely that the first 5 People you bump into are going to be Highly Skilled. To find highly skilled people you would need to actively seek them out i.e. like a DOff Assignment. Missions to Upgrade is a Good Suggestion though [Credit: skollulfr]. (Not asking to make these BOffs Un-Dischargeable).

Q: Why Do You Want To Edit Tovan's and Nelen Exil's Bio? (Amended in Response to #5) (Updated 02-14-2014)
A: I filled in all other BOff Bios, so would like to fill theirs. (I’m not asking to be able to change names, just bio kinda like on the Captain). I don’t see how being able to edit his Bio would affect his Integration as his Backstory and Dialogue are already set and not pulled from Player Created Bios.

Last edited by bane1987; 02-14-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Captain
# 3
01-31-2014, 08:02 AM
This is one of the best request posts I have ever seen.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Lieutenant
# 4
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
you can try starting a new romulan char and level it up until you have them (it should be quick), then save the outfits and try to load them on your current romulan boffs , it might work
Captain
# 5
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
1) You will NEVER be able to edit ANYTHING on Tovan, short of his appearance. You will also never be able to discharge him. The devs have been very clear on this.

According to either Archon or Adjucator (forget which), they said he was too integrated into the Romulan storyline for there to ever be a way to discharge him. I assume that goes with editing his name and bio as well.

As for the other three? As performance goes, they're all pathetic. Seriously. It's sad almost. BUT... from an RP/story perspective, sorry to say, you're SoL if you discharged them. They are one time rewards from missions, and you're supposed to hold into them before you realize exactly how weak and sad they are and shoot them out the airlock in disgust (like I did).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 6
01-31-2014, 01:44 PM
i just want to be able to put verils unique uniform pieces on a purple quality reman.

that or loyalty style missions like the like the cardie datapad or crazy vulcan clone missions where they go in green & come out purple.
these could also double as a "re-aquire" mission for those that discharged them.(make them bind on pickup to avoid market spamming.)
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I have a request too... make it look like an accident.
Captain
# 8
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
i just want to be able to put verils unique uniform pieces on a purple quality reman.

that or loyalty style missions like the like the cardie datapad or crazy vulcan clone missions where they go in green & come out purple.
these could also double as a "re-aquire" mission for those that discharged them.(make them bind on pickup to avoid market spamming.)
Loyalty missions to upgrade boffs would be awesome. Seconded!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post

Great idea OP and so is Loyalty Missions to upgrade them !
"Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
- Scotty, to La Forge
Captain
# 10
02-02-2014, 12:44 AM
You should be able to replay the episodes you obtained them in at level 30 and get them in blue as replacements, and again at 50 for purple versions.

Honestly I love the storyline team, i even use them as my ground away team (they actually have a really good set of ground traits and skills by default for a team made up of just the original four) but the fact you get them at green only really gimps them for later.

Satra and Tovan are still operatives so they are still good for space until you can replace them with the really expensive SROs, and Dvex/Hivan are BEASTS on the ground. Veril is the only infiltrator youre "given" by the game, the rest you have to find elsewhere.

As a final say, Tovan Khevs ground traits are by far the best on any ground tac I have ever seen. He does amazing damage with plasma weapons. Neither Elisa Flores or Kgan can hold a candle to him as your away teams Tac. Sure you might be able to find something else, but by DEFAULT? Tovan is the man.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 02-02-2014 at 12:47 AM.