Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 121
02-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I agree with the previous post that the pre-order key is an official key meaning that you paid for the game. It is the onlly way to get it, so it woudl be stupid to axe the people that haven't entered box keys or whatever...and it is crappy marketing to have to require two activation keys. When I ordered **** pre-order, I got one key and that key entitled my to early access and regular play.

I'm an Amazon pre-order and encountering the same problem, can't login.
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-07-2010, 08:04 AM
You need a RETAIL account to play the game. Not a BONUS key, not a PREORDER key. But a RETAIL key.

Bonus = ingame items
PREORDER = early access up to the end of the grace period
Retail = Full access.

Understand that and youll be good to go.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-07-2010, 08:04 AM
i have the same problems... but im willing to subscribe but where the hell can u pay for a subcription???

somebody please help
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
You need a RETAIL account to play the game. Not a BONUS key, not a PREORDER key. But a RETAIL key.

Bonus = ingame items
PREORDER = early access up to the end of the grace period
Retail = Full access.

Understand that and youll be good to go.
D2D send me only 1 key when i did buy STO as preorder.When game was open for all , they send me email that i can get key to get preorder bonuses , but there isnt any "retail" key . I can go right now to their web site to my acount and see i have "startrek online" (no more "startrek online preorder") and also "startrek preorder items".Under "startrek online" i find same key as they give me before , when i buy it (preorder key) , so i use that one in STO activate and it yust told me i have activated STO with 30days and under it is sub menu , where i did (after my friend can play with sub) "buy" sub 1 month and immediately after try if i can play cancel it and Im playing...

So I did not get some "retail" key from D2D , they give me only 1 and ONLY 1 for game . So seems like there is some missunderstanding betwen STO and distributors...
Lt. Commander
If your getting the error : You Are Not Allowed to Login to this Server at This Time

Make sure that your account is setup with a retail Key...
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I went out got the game yesterday spent $20 to reserve it then 35 more yesterday loged in last night played till the patch went in. and now i cant log in.and cant get a sub to see if its that retail key .. the wife is telling me this is funny has hell. tolds me i have been waiting for this game for half a year and now you cant even log in.... real good game ... so it is the patch or is it the game ,...... where can i get my money back?

AND YES I HAVE THE RETAIL KEY $55 us for the stupid game and it dont work... i hate patchs they all ways *** things up
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myths
If your getting the error : You Are Not Allowed to Login to this Server at This Time

Make sure that your account is setup with a retail Key...
Im confused as I purchased a life subscribtion and never recieved a retail key from cryptic. My DDE key was working fine till today although I never recieved any bonus items. Any suggestions as to what is missing, surely I dont need to spend anymore?
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philius-Fogg View Post
Im confused as I purchased a life subscribtion and never recieved a retail key from cryptic. My DDE key was working fine till today although I never recieved any bonus items. Any suggestions as to what is missing, surely I dont need to spend anymore?
Actually, you do need to purchase another item. You need to go online or to a store like Gamestop and buy the retail version of the game. I pre-ordered and paid for a lifetime sub, but still need to go buy the retail game to be able to play.
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I put my Deluxe key in on the front page and i still cant log in YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????
Lt. Commander
# 130
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=108455

Is inacceptable who had pay and had believe in this game now who we had pay, we aren't more important of a normal fix, this problem exist from a more of one week, i see in this week many updates and nobody fix the problems with the ppl had pay.

But we money, that we had give for have the game works? They can spend today we money, we today can't play

WE PAY WE WANT PLAY

Stop with "You Are Not Allowed to Login to this Server at This Time"

Suggestion to all ppl have this problem to send every day also two times for day a one email with this problem, the object of email.... WE PAY WE WANT PLAY

the message: Stop With "You Are Not Allowed to Login to this Server at This Time"