Lt. Commander
# 1 Shields. SHIELDS!
02-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm ecstatic with the way this game has turned out at launch. I was expecting a disaster, but all we had were some minor hiccups that were very quickly fixed. Thank you so much Cryptic. Now then, I don't know if I'm missing something or not and I apologize if this has been posted before (Yes I know that search is my friend) but we really need an indication on the shield UI to tell us if we have power allocated to a certain shield because half the time I really can't even tell. Anyone else agree with me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:14 AM
When power is allocated to a shield segment, it will flash rapidly white.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:13 AM
1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
When power is allocated to a shield segment, it will flash rapidly white.
2) Unless your computer is smarter than mine... my shields don't allocate themselves. I either have to click each face, or have the "Transfer power to forward shield" assigned to the hotkeys. And those abilities only last for a few seconds. So I know when I've started transferring power, and which way, since I pressed the button.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 07:16 AM
You can also use the "arrow" keys to allocate power to the different shield facings.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
You can also add the allocation icons to the quick-bar, and there's one for rebalancing all of them. This sort of allocation draws shield strength from the other shields to add to the one you selected or just evens them all out if you rebalance.

You can select more than one to allocate strength to simultaneously. Very helpful.

And I love the arrow-keys for this. Makes it REALLY easy during a battle.