Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Show us where it says5 traits. And I don't buy it being Klingon; they were a federation race. Show us where it says that too.
Bug - as pointed out

http://wwwFeaturesTOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.”
Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range..atari.com/games/startrek_online_digital_deluxe_ed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcariumBargast
Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
I thought this part explains that the Joined Trill trait give bonus to 5 different skills, not that the race will have 5 traits? Someone help clarify this so I know if I make my JT now or later lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritraiser
I thought this part explains that the Joined Trill trait give bonus to 5 different skills, not that the race will have 5 traits? Someone help clarify this so I know if I make my JT now or later lol
that's exactly what it says, does, and was supposed to be doing.
the only bug with the jt is that you cannot make one for klingon side, but that will be fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-03-2010, 06:07 AM
You do NOT get 5 traits as a joined Trill, but you do get +3.5 (I think) to 5 starship command skills (borg for lifers get +5). So you get +3.5 to stuff like Warp Core efficiency and 4 others.

I'll try to find the exact list...

But again, it is NOT 5 traits.

EDIT: I see why people want it to be "broken" and get 5 traits instead of 5 skills. that would be awesome and I'd have no problem starting over for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-03-2010, 06:40 AM
You get:

The same trait all Trill get.

A special joined trait that gives you an innate bonus to 5 skills. (this is the only extra for being joined)

To pick your other two traits from the ones available to all Trills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilimyth View Post
You do NOT get 5 traits as a joined Trill, but you do get +3.5 (I think) to 5 starship command skills (borg for lifers get +5).
joined trill get:
+3.3 to starship energy weapons, projectile weapons, warp core, engineering
+6.7 to starship operations.

that is a direct 3.3% damage buff on all starship weapons, plus a 3.3 version of "efficient", as warp core training is the root skill for the four efficiency skills, and buffs the same abilities as they do (but also does more), a lesser bonus to engineering, and a starship operations bonus that is almost as good as the pure starship operations trait.

jt can also pick techie, which is another +10 engineering.

liberated borg get efficient, which gives +5 to the t3 efficiency skills, but it is pretty useless for lower levels since so far you need to have at least 1 point in a skill for any boni from traits to be applied.
efficient is also not exclusive to the borg, as any unknown alien race can pick it up.
borg do not get to pick techie (and their exclusive special form of regeneration was broken last time i checked, as it did not regen hp).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBunny
joined trill get:
+3.3 to starship energy weapons, projectile weapons, warp core, engineering
+6.7 to starship operations.

that is a direct 3.3% damage buff on all starship weapons, plus a 3.3 version of "efficient", as warp core training is the root skill for the four efficiency skills, and buffs the same abilities as they do (but also does more), a lesser bonus to engineering, and a starship operations bonus that is almost as good as the pure starship operations trait.

jt can also pick techie, which is another +10 engineering.

liberated borg get efficient, which gives +5 to the t3 efficiency skills, but it is pretty useless for lower levels since so far you need to have at least 1 point in a skill for any boni from traits to be applied.
efficient is also not exclusive to the borg, as any unknown alien race can pick it up.
borg do not get to pick techie (and their exclusive special form of regeneration was broken last time i checked, as it did not regen hp).
qft.

What Bunny said people
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok according to most of the people I talked to in game, and of course myself, joined trill gets no experience anything, and to put that as an added to joined trill makes it sound as if you are giving exp, making exp faster, or in some way granting the "Lifetimes of experience". Trust me when saying, i would have thought a little harder about purchasing this game if it hadnt enticed me with the Experience gain in some way I was told I was getting. You gave 500 points instead of 300...not a thing to do with the exp or even "Lifetimes of Experience" I dont want to jump on the boycott bandwagon just yet, but I do agree, it is borderline false advertising.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiAzHeL
Ok according to most of the people I talked to in game, and of course myself, joined trill gets no experience anything, and to put that as an added to joined trill makes it sound as if you are giving exp, making exp faster, or in some way granting the "Lifetimes of experience". Trust me when saying, i would have thought a little harder about purchasing this game if it hadnt enticed me with the Experience gain in some way I was told I was getting. You gave 500 points instead of 300...not a thing to do with the exp or even "Lifetimes of Experience" I dont want to jump on the boycott bandwagon just yet, but I do agree, it is borderline false advertising.
The advantages of Joined Trill were clearly and explicitly enumerated. If you want to blame anyone blame yourself or blame the "everyone gets a medal" system that spawned you and made you fail reading comprehension.

Cryptic is not beholden to whatever nonsensical hearsay someone's mother's sister's cousin's roomate's best friend might have been overheard saying in passing while on the street. This should be obvious to anyone with at least three digits in their IQ score.

With the final statement about "borderline false advertising" you have embarrassed the entire species. Congratulations.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
at least you can log in
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 PM.