Lt. Commander
# 21 lol ok ok
02-05-2010, 01:00 PM
"The advantages of Joined Trill were clearly and explicitly enumerated. If you want to blame anyone blame yourself or blame the "everyone gets a medal" system that spawned you and made you fail reading comprehension".

Acually it was not, you may have bought the game elsewhere, but I purchased from D2d, advantages were NOT clear and explicitly enumerated there.

"Cryptic is not beholden to whatever nonsensical hearsay someone's mother's sister's cousin's roomate's best friend might have been overheard saying in passing while on the street. This should be obvious to anyone with at least three digits in their IQ score".

Very true, but when I contact a GM for help and they tell me on the ticket to ask other people in the game or on the forums, well I am going to do that, and tell them what a few of them think too.

"With the final statement about "borderline false advertising" you have embarrassed the entire species. Congratulations".

LoL, of course, this is my fault, I got mad when I waited a few days for a ticket to have them say "ask others that play the game". (More or less) "Dont bother me".

The overall point I was trying to make was, Why would you even put such a vague description on the pre-ordered sites, d2d, steam, amazon, and use the words, lifetimes of experience, when it has nothing to do with experience. I know that I could have sifted through thousands of posts to find this information, but wouldnt it be better business to put a detailed description about the joined trill on the sites you buy from?

I am just trying to get to know the game, it DOES look fun, potential to be around for a long time, hope all goes well.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellan
... And I don't buy it being Klingon; they were a federation race. Show us where it says that too.
Bug - as pointed out
How is no code Cryptics fault - they're not the retailer.

And no, it's nore like bragging to you friends how you're going to get a car, when you kniow you're really getting socks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Are the Joined Trill (from the Digitial Delux Addition) availiable as both Federation and Klingon faction characters?

Yep.
There you go; Trill are supposed to be available on both sides.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=41808
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
It has 5 skill bonuses, as it was supposed to. It was never supposed to work for the Klingon side as far as I know. Miniskirts will be added soon.
You are correct on the bonuses, but the devs did reassure us that the Joined Trill would be available on the Klingon side.

Lt. Commander
# 24 No Armor
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I trolled around a little and didn't see this type of question. If it was asked already then my apologies. I have the Joined Trill and a friend has the Borg. We noticed that our character's armor does not appear on them. I'm not sure if the armor is giving them the protection it's supposed to or if it's just taking up an equipment slot. Is anyone else having this problem with these races?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I made a Joined Trill on release and was able to pick 3 traits on top of the 2 it had. They showed in my status and everything, I was happy. Now they changed it to pick 2 I lost ALL bonusses. I don't mind if I just get to pick 2 skills although it is why I picked Joined Trill in the first place, I just want it fixed!

I'll send a bug report when the server comes back online, but hopefully a dev can respond in this thread about this issue.

-edit-

never mind, the skills are there, all 4 of them
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2010, 04:25 AM
I can't wait for the skirts.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzume Bachi
The advantages of Joined Trill were clearly and explicitly enumerated. If you want to blame anyone blame yourself or blame the "everyone gets a medal" system that spawned you and made you fail reading comprehension.

Cryptic is not beholden to whatever nonsensical hearsay someone's mother's sister's cousin's roomate's best friend might have been overheard saying in passing while on the street. This should be obvious to anyone with at least three digits in their IQ score.

With the final statement about "borderline false advertising" you have embarrassed the entire species. Congratulations.
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2010, 04:50 AM
Maybe we should start listing things that are NOT broken.

Would make things easier.