Lt. Commander
# 1 World Detail Problem
02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
I've got a Radeon 3850 on a quad core machine. Game runs at excellent framerates with all settings on high. That is, if you ignore the massive texture problems going on. I've toggled every switch in the video settings, and the "World detail distance" slider is the only one that makes any change.

I've got the newest drivers and the most up-to-date DirectX (just checked them all of 10 minutes ago). I've got a single card running dual monitors (and the problem persists even when I disable one of the monitors).

Here's a link to a video of my problem looks like in space (similar effects occur in ground mode):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q0IHnroVAM

Any idea what's going on here? Possible fixes. Runs just fine on my dual-core HD2600 laptop, so I'm at a loss here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Tried the postprocessing and dynamic lighting workaround and still having major problems. The textures will flop around a bit, then remain all messed up.

Any ideas here would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
got a 3850 agp and have no problems so might not be the card
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I know this is an old thread but i just want to point out that i to have recieved this bug among others out of the blue as of today on my 4870x2. Ive tried new driver catalyst 10.3 release and performance set(beta) i use to run with 10.2 without a problem but it doesnt work with that either now even after a full uninstall and sweep of drivers. Game has been un/installed and repatched.

cant figure this one out.

PS: I just docked at the klingons home base and all the ground textures was moving around while being drag out at the same time(zoomish and unclear).. Extremely weird. The rest of the texture such as characters, doors and fans were perfect. Changing the camera angle sometimes made it still but all black and corrupted.

Also want to note that this is the only game i have issues with. All my other games are running a perfect performance (never been better actually)