Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
Cryptic is slowing down Starbase Development and Reputation Advancment , and they are telling you that they are doing this for YOU !

There has been a lot of talk lately about the Anniversary Event -- and while I agree that that is important , I am quite saddened to see that real , long term issues (unlike the come & gone Anniversary deal) get so little acknowledgement from the players .

Please observe what we leave behind with Season 8.5 :

THE BONUS MARKS EVENT

This event was something that you got to play 2-3 times within a 24 hour period if you were a hardcore player , or once or twice a week if you were a casual player .
And no matter how you look at it , this gave you extra Fleet Marks and extra Reputation Marks .

By Cryptic's New Plan(tm) , to get any kind of bonus Marks (even bigger bonuses then now) you have to wait for a designated Weekend by Cryptic , that will come around ... in what , every few months ?
And if you miss one of those because gods forbid you have a life , you will not get bonus Marks for .... 3-5 months , maybe more ?

If Cryptic's mission was to achieve slowing down the building of Starbases and Fleet assets -- consider this : Mission Accomplished !

- Now let's go look for a reason for this .

Is Cryptic not happy with the progress large or small Fleets are making on Fleet Projects ?
Possibly .
Is Cryptic not happy with the speed with which you finish a Reputation ?
Not likely , since they just given us a Token system to speed that up .
So what is it ?

It's the 'Lever' . Or that's how I started calling it at least .

Once upon a time , when Cryptic made FE's regularly they "pulled a lever" on Saturdays and the mission would become available and happy players would flock in droves to play the new content for 4 weekends in a row .

Now we're getting a variant of that :
We are suppose to flock in droves for Mark Bonuses .
The small problem was , we already had (smaller) bonuses that we did when we felt like it (with the Hourly Event's Calendar) .
Not good enough for Cryptic .
So they took away those minor bonuses , all the while singing about how this is really for us ... .
Ecxept for this one little slip :

Quote:
Captain Gecko on Priority 1 , time index 29:50
" The Hourly Event's Calendar , the design with that was the hope to get ppl to stick around for maybe an extra hour , 'cause of that extra event that's coming up that they might want to stick around to , but because it was so common , the amount of awards you could get was so limited , while what happens on a Weekend , it's meant to cause a huge boost for that time period , and that huge boosts turns into a lot of numbers for us , then when those numbers go up , the money goes up as well . "
So in short , they took away your Bonus Marks , just so they can give them back to you at a later time (when they need a cash infusion) and you should just deal with it .

What happens with all those Fleet Projects that get less and less FM in the meantime (for months and months) or don't get started at all ?
If you're lucky , you'll be distracted by all the new ships and lockboxes .
If Cryptic's lucky , you won't quit in disgust .

The Grind just got worse for everybody -- and I mean EVERYBODY , even those who will flock to the Bonus Weekends yet to come , and the small fleets that didn't see the end of it .... , well they might as well ask Cryptic for a telescope .

ENJOY .

Cryptic loves you .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-30-2014, 06:44 AM
I was under the impression there would be a mark event each and every weekend...

(although considering how well the last weekend fleet marks event went...)

If i am mistaken, then i agree with OP this is just stupid, and sure you will get more people at the weekend.

But you are gonna loose a massive quantity of your players during the week.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Captain
# 3
01-30-2014, 06:46 AM
Dont care. Slow it down more, I say.

Too much instant gratification in this busted ass game. I say take away the double xp rep tokens first, followed by giving leaver penalties to private groups, followed by tripling the amount of everything a starbase needs and giving a player account a hard cap of 10 character slots

Im sick and tired of 1 man fleets, literal armies of alts, and qq on the forum about it.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 4
01-30-2014, 06:46 AM
Sadly I have to agree with you OP, few nights back, at my fleet we were talking precisely about this issue, we are a smaller fleet and will take us months to be able to fabricate fleet ships, kind of a big let down and no I don't want to go to a big fleet, they treat new players like some kind of stinky fish.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-30-2014, 06:49 AM
I earned like 2k Dyson marks during the dyson event. that was only running 2 Breachs a day, and one trip through the battlezone a day.

once i hit T5 dyson rep, i'll have enough marks to buy the final peice of the gorund set on this char, then start making rep tokens for my alts.

if weekends are only bonus mark hours.... then you'd see the same bonus happening every 5 weeks.... (Omega, then rom, then dyson, then nukara, then fleet, then omega again for an example.)

not to mention all these bonus fleet mark things, along iwth the tribbles, sure it might slow down a bit, but thats not stopping you from running the content on non bonus times.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 01-30-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2014, 06:59 AM
My schedule is such that I can only play during week nights.
You know what that means.
"Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
- Scotty, to La Forge
Commander
# 7
01-30-2014, 06:59 AM
Rep marks (except for Omega) are stunningly easy to get hold of via the Nukara/Dyson/New Romulus ground zones. A couple of hours in each gives me about a weeks worth of marks, with Dyson giving a very large pile of Dilithium to boot.
Commander
# 8
01-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kublahkan View Post
My schedule is such that I can only play during week nights.
You know what that means.
That you won't be taking advantage of easy mode, and thus will earn your marks respectably?
Captain
# 9
01-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonalius View Post
That you won't be taking advantage of easy mode, and thus will earn your marks respectably?
No , it means that he will not be earning any bonus Marks , unless there will be a daily for that , which I highly doubt .

And FYI , there is/was no easy mode .
Nor any of your "playing respectably" nonsense .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2014, 07:09 AM
The 4 characters I play consistantly all have 5K+ Rom, Nuke, Omega and Dyson marks with enough raw dilith ore on hand that I wont have to convert marks into dilith for months.

So running a Fleet mark weekend every 5th or so weekend will utterly suck balls as those are what I farm during the bonus mark events.