Lt. Commander
# 1 Turrets and Skills/Abilites
02-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Haven't managed to find the info I want anywhere, search is coming up empty for me.

Are Turrets effected by the Starship Cannon Weapons skill and Cannon Abilities such as Rapid fire?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:58 AM
yes they are cannons/projectiles
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:50 AM
I have a question that leads on from this.

Turrets seem to have damage types similar to energy weapons e.g. Phaser Turrets. Does this mean that they also take advantage of the skill Starship Energy Weapons Training? I presume that they use Starship Phaser Weapons. What about Starship Plasma Energy Weapons and Starship Plasma Projectiles, do they use one or the other or both?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffa View Post

Turrets seem to have damage types similar to energy weapons e.g. Phaser Turrets. Does this mean that they also take advantage of the skill Starship Energy Weapons Training? I presume that they use Starship Phaser Weapons. What about Starship Plasma Energy Weapons and Starship Plasma Projectiles, do they use one or the other or both?
I know they get bonuses from Energy Weapons, all of the non-projectile (torpedo and mines) do. And I know they benefit from getting skill in their energy type (Phaser, Plasma, etc.) But I'm just wondering if they get a bonus from Cannon, which I imagine they do, but I'd prefer to know for sure before I start fiddling with that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Turrets do benefit from Starship Cannon Weapons. If you right click a weapon and select info you can see which skills modify it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffa View Post

Turrets count as cannons for skills and their performance (better damage against hull than beams, more affected by range).

They, like all cannons, are energy weapons (not projectiles - torps and mines are projectile weapons, beams and cannons are energy weapons)

Like all weapons, they are affected by three skills - one in Tier 1, one in Tier 2 and one in Tier 3-5. The damage of a phaser turret, for example, is boosted by Starship Energy Weapons Training (T1), Starship Cannon Weapons (T2) and Starship Phaser Weapons (T3).

(In the case of Plasma, energy weapons - beams and cannons, including turrets - are affected by Starship Plasma Energy Weapons, while projectile weapons - torps and mines - are affected by Starship Plasma Projectile Weapons.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Great answer B, thanks.